Chance of rain today, Arctic Cold by Late Week
We’ll go from cool weather on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to bitterly cold weather by Thursday. That’s when an arctic cold front will arrive with the coldest air of the season.
High temperatures will only climb into the 20s and 30s late week, and lows will plunge into the single-digits and teens. Residents should get ready now for temperatures below freezing for about 60 hours. Wind chills will be well below zero and a north wind will gust close to 50 mph! Please prepare your home, vehicles and pets for this arctic outbreak.
- MONDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of showers. High: 48. Wind: SE 10 mph.
- TONIGHT: Mostly cloudy with a chance of fog or drizzle. Low: 40. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy and cool with a chance of fog or drizzle in the morning. Low: 40. High: 49. Wind: N 5-10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly cloudy and cool. Low: 37. High: 50. Wind: S 5-10 mph.
- THURSDAY: Partly cloudy with a 10% chance of sleet and snow, mainly north and east. Very windy and cold. Temperatures falling into 20s by early evening. Wind: NW 20-40 mph with higher gusts.
- FRIDAY: Mostly sunny and frigid. Low: 11. High: 26. Wind: NW 15-20 mph.
- CHRISTMAS EVE: Mostly sunny and cold. Low: 19. High: 33. Wind: N 5-10 mph.
- CHRISTMAS: Mostly sunny and chilly. Low: 23. High: 41. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly sunny and cool. Low: 32. High: 50. Wind: S 5-10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly sunny and seasonable. Low: 35. High: 55. Wind: S 10-15 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly sunny and much warmer. Low: 45. High: 63. Wind: S 10-15 mph